Traduire cette page

Monday, September 15, 2014

Vamos mi Sevilla!


Hi there!

Just thought I would check in to let you know how my week was.

So right now I must admit that I am quite anxious to start teaching in the classroom. Last week was mainly meeting with the teachers I will be working with to discuss how things will be working once I introduce myself into the French and English language classes. My contract states that I will be teaching for 22 hours a week. This works out quite well because there are 12 English classes and 9 French classes that I will be working with. Therefore I will be seeing each of these classes (that go from ages 13-16) once a week and preparing activities and exercises that will challenge them and allow them to practice the languages they are learning.

Now yesterday I went to my La Liga game. It was between Sevilla FC and Getafe FC. Sevilla won the game 2-0, but what an experience. I feel that the best way to immerse oneself into the local culture is to do what the locals do for fun, and that is going to see the red and white play. It seemed like the entire city was at the game! The stadium is massive and it is designed to have all the noise be focused into the stadium. This made for an atmosphere that I had never experienced before. I felt that I was able to catch some of the words in the chants from the crowd, but it was still difficult. In this case it seems like I will have to go to as many futboll games in order to really get comfortable with my Spanish! Good strategy, no?

Here are some photos of the game and a video of the penalty shot that happened. The fans in the stands went absolutely mental when Bacca scored on the penalty shot!

The front of the stadium, completely put together in tiles.

The stands 30 min before the game

Just as the game was starting!

The start of the second half!


Well that's it for this post. I will do my best to keep all of you updated! Once again I miss all of you dearly. If you have any questions or want me to speak about something in particular don't hesitate to contact me or add your comment in the box below!

Cheers,

Mathieu

No comments:

Post a Comment