Traduire cette page

Thursday, September 11, 2014

First Week in Sevilla!

So now that I am landed here in Sevilla, my first task was to find an apartment to live in (una habitación). For the first three days I stayed in a Hostel (Triana Backpackers) and did my research out of this small hostel.
This is a view of the river, my hostel was just behind this first row of buildings. 



The hostel was nice, but I felt that they were trying to fit 6 people in a room meant for only 2-3 people max. Regardless, after only one night I was ready to be in my own apartment.

After viewing a number of apartments I found an apartment in Plaza Jerónimo de Cordoba (6) that I instantly felt good about. The landlord Miguel was amazing, and his english was a little rusty so he had his daughter present to help translate to ensure that we were both on the same page. After viewing the apartment I decided to sleep on it. The next morning in order to try and discover the city a little more, I took the hostel's free walking tour of the old city. After this walking tour I went and met Miguel again to sign my lease until the end of June 2015!

This a small photo of the room I living in for the year. Great view from the patio!
During this walk of Sevilla I saw some of the main sights in Sevilla and learned some of the history of the city. As a history nerd I found it very interesting to learn about how Sevilla hosted the world expo in 1929 and how the the iconic Plaza España was designed and what it represents today.

The historic Plaza España. Also the warmest place in Sevilla due to all the tiles in the square!
During this walking tour I met an Australian named David and we began talking about our respective situations. David had been travelling around Europe for the past few months and had just come to Spain from spending a month in Portugal. After the tour we decided to hit a pub for some lunch and began talking about our desires to visit Morocco. Funny enough, after lunch we decided to go ahead with the plan we formulated and head to Morocco the next morning for the weekend. I only had a meeting to show up for on tuesday so I was able to spend close to 4 days in Morocco. Therefore, after signing my lease I invited David over and we began planning how we will get to Tarifa to take the ferry over and where we will spend our first night in Tanger!

The next post will tell you all about my adventures in Morocco! Leave a comment below if you have any questions or comments about this post. I miss you all!

Cliquez le "select language" button si vous voulez lire cet article en Français.  

No comments:

Post a Comment